352walls/ The Gainesville Urban Art Initiative is an international public art project taking place in the heart of North Central Florida. It will offer residents and visitors an opportunity to witness 8 internationally famous artists and a group of regional artists painting murals on 9 downtown Gainesville walls over the course of 9 days. 352walls will open a portal to new artistic expressions that will unite the community around a vision for its cultural future. As the project evolves and art multiplies, it will create a “museum of the streets,” positioning Gainesville as a major cultural destination in North Central Florida; reinforce the arts and culture as catalytic agents for tourism and economic development; foster community pride by enriching and beatifying Historic Downtown and will have boost property values. Join us!
When: November 18th – 25th 10 AM to 6 PM (two shifts are either 10AM – 2PM or 2PM – 6PM)
Where: Around Historic Downtown Gainesville.
- Overall supervision of the mural site
- Work closely with the mural artists, City of Gainesville staff, law enforcement and official personnel
- Interface with the public at large
- Keep the mural site safe and free of obstacles and debris
- Retrieve art supplies and materials for the mural artists from the warehouse as needed
- Facilitate media inquiries and interviews at designated times as scheduled
- Coordinate on site logistics as needed
- Coordinate artist’s needs (lunch, personal breaks, water, etc.)
To apply and sign-in
Please fill out the form. All volunteers must visit our 352walls Headquarters located at Florida Community Design Center (101 N Main St) 15 minutes before the shift you wish to work. The headquarters will be open from 10am to 6pm daily from November 12-22. Contact VolunteerPRCA@cityofgainesville.org
For more information, visit 352walls.org
Produced by City if Gainesville Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs Department Conceived and Curated by Iryna Kanishcheva Partners VisitGainesville Gainesville-Alachua County Art in Public Places Trust Gainesville Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA) PR, Marketing & Social Media Waymaker